Monday, November 3, 2014

Oct 27 Life of a Model

Me, Sister Barley, Sister Gass
Me in beautiful NY
Me being crazy with the glasses 
      

Well Familia and Friends,
How are you all? I am doing fantastic.... better than fantastic!!! I love everything about my mission and serving! There are trials and miracles and by the time the miracles are over you dont even know you had trials, its pretty much the greatest thing ever! So to start off we FINALLY were able to get into the home of a family we've been trying to tract out forever ago, and they are SO ready, it was a miracle it really was! So we talked with the mom (Lisa) and grandma for a bit and they said we could come back. We were stoked, so we walk out and sister Barley says "We'll see ya later" to the 12 year old son Raymond and he in reply says "Yeah we'll see ya in the magazines" then this black girl (his friend) says "wait ya'll are models?" hahahahahha Sister barley states "No we are missionaries" and the girls says "Well y'all are dun gorgeous" It was one of the funniest moments ever. We laughed super hard!!! It's a pretty great life as a missionary and a pretty interesting one as well haha!! We will be teaching Lisa again tonight and she is very interested and we are super excited about that! 

We have been THOROUGHLY going through our area book and by then end of this transfer it is our goal to contact every person in our area book ,its gonna take awhile but I am stoked about it! So this leads me to transfers, they will be this wednesday and.... I WILL BE STAYING IN NEW HARTFORD WITH SISTER BARLEY!!! YAY I am so excited and so relieved lol! I am just getting to know the people here and love them and I am not ready to leave yet so I will be here for another 6 weeks. I CANT believe it is already transfers, time has FLOWN by!! I have come to realize that the more consecrated you are the less you think about time. I call this my concept of time.... Because we are out here fully devoted to the Lord it is easy for us to lose track of time and then suddenly an entire transfer is gone and you are wondering where the time went I love it!! 

Something else major this week was return and report which is just with the people I came out to the field with, it is a special training for us and it was SOOO fun to see all my MTC buddies again they are so awesome.  I missed them all so much!! So I wanted to share some quotes I got from that training.... "Feel your life with so much food that there is no room for evil to be there" -Elder Empey
Make working hard a habit!
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard" -Kevin Durant
"If you tempt temptation then you will probably succumb to it" -President Wirthlin 
"What measures your success as a missionary is how you raise your family" -President Wirthlin
I loved the training it was truly inspirational!! Everything about serving a mission is amazing. It teaches me things I would never learn anywhere else! 

One thing I have been working really hard on is love.... I watched the Because of Him video and it made me want to be more like Christ... I am literally His representative, I wear His name everyday, I act in His name everyday, I am supposed to be as He was.... I want to be the type of person the people run to, and fall into my arms without knowing me and know that they will be loved. That is something I feel like I am struggling with is showing my love to people that I really care about and like. President Wirthlin says "if nothing else on your mission, become converted yourself". President is all about finding the one and converting the one even if that one is you! I want others to know I care I want to love as Christ loved and I want to act as if Christ was sitting in the passenger seat of my car at all times! Well, I think that is all for the week many miracles everyday!! I love you all thank you for your support and encouragement!
Remember "I told you it would be okay, I told you it would be alright" -Holland

Love Sister Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment